new fantasyland and wordy mcwordword
Thursday, 25 October 2012
This should be two posts, but I went to Florida where it’s summer and then returned home where it’s fall and now I can’t stop sneezing. Achoo!
Business first, then fun – like an Internet mullet.
- In Palmetto Parent’s October issue, I have lots of words, including some I am especially proud of about some local moms reaching out to others who have lost children to miscarriage, stillbirth of infant death. It’s not light reading, but it’s important to spread the word.
- Read online about Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- I have some fun stuff in Upstate Parent this month as well, including a story about making your own baby food (with recipes, because we’re thorough like that) and a story about how our local hospital now has midwives and birthing tubs (best of both worlds).
- Maybe this is a repeat, but I had a lot of fun writing about the Upstate Heritage Quilt Trail for Sandlapper Magazine. Quilters have goodness in their veins.
- And I always enjoy writing for the good folks at WNC Parent.
While at Walt Disney World, “dress rehearsals” were being held at New Fantasyland. It’s gorgeous, people. Simply gorgeous. Next time, I am wearing a dress with a pinafore so I can spin around and sing about books.
Nooooo one brags like Gaston.
Oh my, Under the Sea shows that a huge technological leap has been made in the world of animatronics. Gone are the herky jerky hydraulics. Ariel’s moves are lifelike and smooth. Kiss the girl, Prince.
I am compelled to photograph all gargoyles. That probably warrants some psychological analysis.
I picked up a hot guy on the bridge.